Pathadarshini wants to make a difference
One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean. Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?” The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.” “Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said…” I made a difference for that one.”
Formation for Transformation
We wish to bring about socio-economic change in the life of marginalised families by enabling the youngsters of such families get the opportunity for quality higher education and higher employment.
- To realize the objectives of the Constitution of India.
- Create a just social order which enables every individual to prosper and benefit from the prevailing socio political system.
- Create an environment which enables all youth to put their potential to full and best use.
- Create an atmosphere which is based on mutual respect, trust and peaceful co-existence.
- Student Support Programme: Supporting financially or otherwise, such students who are in need of help for their higher education.
- Conducting training programmes, such as career guidance, employment guidance, Selection of education stream etc.
- Publication of quality books including books on career guidance, Lexicographic works etc.
- Providing consultancy services, training assistance etc specifically in the fields of Higher Education, Higher Employment etc
- Providing Continual Online Guidance (Career and Higher Education), Career Counseling, Free Aptitude Test.
- Conducting General Motivation camps
Like that young boy we in the Patha Darshini Seva Trust wish to make a difference for that one., One who is Last, Least and the Lost.
Patha Darshini Seva Trust was established on 21.11.2006 by Stephen Quadros and Anil Johnson Coelho with an intention of making difference in the life of less privileged youngsters.
We had visualized to carry out and support Charitable and Social Work Activities intending to help the deserving in the fields of education and learning by offering it on systematic, scientific, Broad based and value based principles to all people irrespective of Caste, Creed, Sex, Domicile and Religion.
We want to guide assist and support youngsters, preferably from the marginalized sections of the society, in their endeavor to reach higher levels of life through the light of higher education.
We organize Career Guidance Camps, Student Support Programmes, Collaborate with and assist the institutes of higher education, Conduct Training Camps regarding freeships and scholarships, Conduct Aptitude Tests etc. The Trust also supports very needy students financially.
We are happy to see many youngsters who have been touched and supported by the Trust and have reached higher levels of public life.
By now we have published 3 books of career guidance ‘Yashas’, “Marga’ and ‘Namagagi Sarakara’. We are very happy to put it in record that the Trust has done yeomen service to English, Kannada and Konkani Lexicography. In the year 2014 we published world’s first English – Kannada – Konkani Three Language Dictionary. In the year 2019 we brought out world’s first Konkani - English – Kannada Three Language Dictionary.
This organization being a Public Charitable Trust it is mostly dependent on the generous support of goodwilling people like you.
Whatever be the contribution from your side we always receive it with a smiling face.
- Our Bank Account details:
- Patha Darshini Seva Trust®
- Ac/No: 64121682660
- IFSC: SBIN-0040779
- State Bank of India – Kaikamba, Dakshina Kannada